Sometimes period pains can make you feel a little low. So here are some of our top tips to help you keep feeling great all month long!
- Try to eat a good balanced diet with lots of fresh fruit, veggies, cheese, milk, eggs, bread, cereal and pasta.
- Drink plenty of water to help keep your body healthy.
- Gentle exercise like brisk walking, jogging or just dancing to your favourite tunes can help you get rid of period pains.
- During puberty you might find you sweat more and your skin may become a little oilier with spots and blackheads appearing on your face and sometimes on your back. Your hair may start to become greasier too. That's why introducing a cleansing routine is a good idea.
- Have a shower or bath every day, focusing on your underarms and between your legs. You may also want to change the products you use; some girls find those designed especially for greasy skin and hair are better while your body is going through these changes.
- Dieting during your period is not a good idea. In fact, severe dieting can actually stop your periods and cause problems when you're older.
- Last but not least, get lots of sleep! With all these changes going on you may find you get more tired than usual.